Saturday, September 10, 2011

451 AEW August Award winners

Released by 451st Air Expeditionary Wing Public Affairs



9/9/2011 - Compant Grade Officer of the Month – Capt. Richard Olson Currently with the 74th Expeditionary Fighter Squadron Home station - Moody AFB, GA Hometown - Cullman, AL How do you feel about receiving this honor? "Grateful to be recognized, however I'm just a small piece in the bigger puzzle. Many great people are doing a lot of hard work every day to make our mission here successful." Who helps you be the best you can be each day? "My wife and kids." What advice would you give to others to stay motivated and on task? "Do your best every day, striving to do better the next day. That is it. If everyone is giving their best, our mission will succeed and you will have no regrets about your time here."







9/9/2011 - NCO of the Month - Tech. Sgt. Christopher Ortega Currently with the 451st Expeditionary Maintenance Squadron How do you feel about receiving this honor? "I was truly surprised and very thankful for my supervision to feel that I was worthy of their recognition. I think there are so many people on this installation who are deserving of this award, and I'm just thankful that I was even mentioned alongside them." Who helps you be the best you can be each day? "I can speak volumes of the crew that I came here with and the leadership within my flight that has made all of this possible. Like most supervisors, I am at the mercy of the good graces of my guys, they're the real magic makers and deserve all the credit for bringing Kandahar Airfield the best Aircraft Fabrication support they possibly can. They never cease to amaze me on a daily basis." What advice would you give to others to stay motivated and on task? "I think it's important to be cognizant of what it is exactly we are here for and the job we have been asked to do. Everyone's purpose and responsibility here in the AOR far exceeds anything we can possibly imagine. There is a real mission here with real lives at stake and honestly with as many times as I've walked past the camp with flags at half mast, the little things that are bothering me that day, don't seem that important. It just puts things into perspective for me to just do my job the best I can and take care of my people the best way that I know how." In this photo: Tech. Sgt. Christopher Ortega, 451st Expeditionary Maintenance Squadron, works on a A-10 Warthog at Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan, Aug. 26, 2011. Sergeant Ortega was named NCO in-charge of the month for the month of August. (U.S. Air Force photo by Senior Airman Corey Hook)

No comments:

Post a Comment