Thursday, May 31, 2012

Artist info wanted!

By Joachim Jacob, Warthog News Editor

Today, from an old "Hog Driver" I got the following e-mail:

Sir,
While 'surfing' a few A-10 sites the other day, I came across the attached photo. Was it your site? If so, could you send me any info you have on the artist?

Thanks,
Bill
Old Hawg Driver

Note: This picture wasn't posted before on my Warthog News blog. Anybody who could identify the name of the artist and the original hi-res source of this very nice picture? I would be very grateful for any support!

3 comments:

  1. Don't know where it came from but I'm not liking it very much. There is a 23rd FW A-10 with refueling door open (refueling mission photo), an AGM88 HARM missile over the left wing, which I have no idea what it supposed be doing in the image, and what looks to be a "pin-up style" lady with shark teeth super-imposed over her mouth...I just don't get the whole image at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a photographer and artist.. I have seen this image as well as other aircraft images by the same artist. I know where to find it so i should be able to get you an answer here shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The artists name is Glen Angus. This is from his Victory Girl pinup series. It's a mix of live model and artwork and this piece was done in 2007.

    ReplyDelete